Quality Assurance Lead / Manager
| Hybrid Working Newcastle
DiffusionData (www.diffusiondata.com) is trusted by leading brands worldwide to manage and optimize the delivery of data around the world to their web, mobile, and IoT (Internet of things) application data.
Diffusion does the complex work to provide real-time data – reliably, globally, and at scale and speed.
We develop and reward people who have the drive and motivation to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We hope to provide a culture of accountability, challenge, and opportunity and encourage a spirit of collaborative, creative, and fresh thinking. We want everyone to contribute and add value by turning their own skills, strengths, and interests into results.
We strive to be at a place where people want to work and want to work hard. With great benefits and an already impressive international team of Technology experts, we want to bring on new team members that have passion, drive, innovation, and leadership, just like our products.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Lead / Manager to join our growing team. Continuous improvement is particularly important to us as a company. Our Quality Assurance is responsible for ensuring that from requirements gathering through design, test planning, implementation, integration, and deployment, we always hold ourselves to exacting standards and seek to refine our technology and processes with every iteration.
The ideal job holder will be a competent Quality Assurance Lead / Manager with software development quality control & assurance experience, knowledge of automated test platforms, and DevOps/automated release processes. The Quality Assurance Lead / Manager role is the counterpart to our software engineers. The constructive challenge of every aspect of the software development lifecycle is key.
We are not looking for a tester but rather someone who will lead the team on what to test, how to test, and when to test. The right candidate will be technically capable but also a clear communicator and influencer.
- Build close relationships with internal and external stakeholders so that one can guide them what to test or improve, and why
- Ensure that measurable quality standards are set and met throughout the software development lifecycle
- Enforce left-shifting, quality-first approaches across the team
- Support the team hands-on by integrating test frameworks, continuous integration systems, quality metrics, dashboards and other reporting
- Make sure teams have the right functional and non-functional requirements, risk assessments, stakeholders, and architectural designs before they start to work
- Take accountability for the quality of software produced by the team
- Constantly improve measurable software quality and service delivery
- The above list is not exhaustive. You will be expected to perform duties as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the company, as directed.
- Expert in software testing techniques including, but not limited to, test-driven development, behavioral-driven development, unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
- Proven experience delivering high-quality outcomes in a software development environment
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language and its test frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to coach, teach and guide others
- Expertise with continuous integration environments such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, Bamboo, or others
- Experience with Linux and bash
- Experience with containerisation using Docker
- Advocate for modern development practices such as DevSecOps, GitOps, and continuous delivery
Nice to Haves
In addition to the above it would be advantageous for candidates to have some knowledge of the following:
- Experience with Selenium or other automated test tools
- Experience with real-time data systems such as Diffusion, Kafka, or similar
- Expertise with Terraform, Kubernetes, or other orchestration and infrastructure-as-code tools