Post Sales Engineer / Solutions Consultant
Diffusion Data (www.diffusiondata.com) Is trusted by leading brands worldwide to manage and optimize delivery of data around the world to their web, mobile and IoT (Internet of things) application data.
Diffusion does the complex work to provide real-time data – reliably, globally, and at scale and speed.
We develop and reward people who have the drive and motivation to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We hope to provide a culture of accountability, challenge and opportunity and encourage a spirit of collaborative, creative and fresh thinking. We want everyone to contribute and add value by turning their own skills, strengths, and interests into results.
We strive to be at a place where people want to work and want to work hard. With great benefits and an already impressive international team of Technology experts, we want to bring on new team members that have passion, drive, innovation, and leadership, just like our products.
Diffusion is an innovative real-time data platform. Following a recent £10M investment round, the Diffusion Development Team is growing and there is a wealth of new feature development on the road map.
We are seeking a Post Sales Engineer with excellent hands-on technical skills, effective communication, whiteboarding and presentation skills. The ideal candidate must have experience developing solutions for Investment Banks, Exchanges, or the wider finance sector as a Post sales engineer or as a senior developer. Diffusion provides various solutions to the Finance sector especially in the field Market Data distribution, PubSub, Digital transformation, Electronic Trading platforms, Retail Banking etc.
- Advise Diffusion customers on Architecture, customization, configuration of the platform to meet customer requirements and performance targets
- Provide Domain expertise to customers and Partners on various aspects of Diffusion
- Implement Diffusion solution at customer sites
- Develop client modules using Diffusion SDK and Data egress and ingress gateways
- Develop POC and POV solutions to help sales
- Utilize deep technical skills to diagnose, debug and resolve issues with customer implementations working with the wider technical team
- Be the Trusted adviser for the customer and develop understanding of their objectives, technical challenges and business goals
- Work closely with the Sales and Pre-sales team to deliver customer solutions
- Provide direct support to critical customer issues over conference calls, on-site visits etc as necessary
- 5+ years of previous sales operations experience
- In-depth experience in developing complex, distributed, multi-threaded applications
- Experience in Performance tuning applications
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
- Experience architecting and implementing distributed solutions in Cloud or On-Prem
- Hands-on experience in working with various programming languages and technologies like Java, C#, Python, PubSub, Kubernetes, websockets, Kafka etc
- Good understanding of web services, micro-services architecture, messaging platforms and technologies
- Experience using DevOps tools and methodologies as well as various security protocols, design patterns and technologies
- Expertise in cloud-based architectures and deployments in AWS, GCP or other public/private cloud infrastructures
- Development experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Good presentation skills with effective communication
Nice to haves
In addition to the above it would be advantageous for candidates to have some knowledge of the following:
- Experience in developing Financial Market data solutions
- Expertise in developing financial Market data solutions, Risk platforms, Front office solutions, Retail Banking or E-Commerce solutions
- A knowledge of Capital Markets regulations like RegNMS, MiFID II etc.